Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Three down, one to go...

Sorry I've been kinda absent over the last few weeks, class and recruiting has been dominating my life. Well, the class part ends in about 12 hours when I finish my fourth final in four days. It started on Monday with Finance (which went well); Stats reared its ugly head yesterday and Accounting took its toll this morning. I've only got Econ left and its an open book, open note, open everything (except the internet) exam, so I'm not too worried about it. My Econ professor is very engaging, and I've enjoyed the class, so I'm hoping that I retained a good deal over the last 10 weeks.

A little update on the rest of my life: I'm going to Israel and the Czech Republic in a week. There's a small group in LA that organizes educational and networking events for Jewish business school students, one of which is a two-week trip to Israel over Christmas. Fortunately, the trip is heavily subsidized, so I get to frolic around Prague for three days and Israel for ten for less than the price of an airplane ticket from LA to Tel Aviv.

The flip side, however, is that I'll be leaving Megan for two weeks, and that will be hard especially after barely seeing her over the last month or so. But, with finals ending tomorrow and neither of us leaving until the 15th, we'll have a few days without any distractions. We've actually got a nice little date for Friday: we're using two Groupons we bought, one for a vineyard in Malibu and the other for a comedy club in Hollywood, and having a nice dinner out.

Like I said, one of the reasons I haven't seen Megan much lately is because of recruiting. On that front, I actually went up to Santa Clara last Friday for a "Day In The Life" at Abbott Labs. Abbott brought about 25 first-year MBA students from all over the country in for the day to learn more about the company and their Management Development Program, which is basically a three year rotational program for freshly minted MBAs. The day went well; I learned a lot about Abbott and potential jobs there and had the chance to meet a lot of current employees and pick their brains about life at Abbott. I'll apply in January for a summer internship, but who knows what will come of it. Other than Abbott, recruiting has calmed down over the last 10 or so days, which is nice as it allows us to prep for finals. There are a few resume deadlines for summer internships over winter break, but official recruiting is pretty much on hold until January.

1 comment:

  1. And now you are done. Don't you feel so much more knowledgable?

    ReplyDelete