As some may remember from a
previous post, I've started playing tennis. I've joined an online group that connects tennis players in my area and at my skill level and we are responsible for contacting each other and setting up our own matches. I've only played twice, and both times with the same person. Shane (there is a dearth of female participants) and I have now played twice together. The first time I got the pants beat off me, 6-0, 6-0 (very, very bad - in fact the worst score ever - for those that don't play. But quite respectable for me since I haven't hit a ball in 5 years). The second time we just hit around for about an hour. He's a nice enough guy, though I don't know him well. We did get past the niceties however, and I learned that Shane is a professional poker player. Well tonight, 3 weeks into our acquittance, I decided to "Google him" and see if anything came up. Apparently, he is a an accomplished poker player, having made it onto ESPN's World Poker Series coverage in 2007. He has a
Wikipedia entry, which means he's important. And a bio on
Card Player, which is the self-proclaimed Poker Authority. He is also a fellow
blogger.
Anyways, I feel super cool that I know someone who has been on cable TV.
In other, real-life news, Mike is preparing for finals this week. He has studied all day today. I'm looking forward to when this week is over, almost as much as he is. He did take a break last night (Saturday) to attend the UCLA/USC football game. UCLA lost badly. The highlight of the night was going to a Davidson Alumni gathering beforehand. We were the only ones there from our year, but it was nice to meet folks that have a deep seeded commonality. I took Mike to the game after, went home, and baked cookies (sadly, we weren't able to get me a ticket to the game). But the chocolate-mint cookies make my mouth water just thinking about them. Mike is lucky I shared them with him.
Michael, you went to the game without her?? On a Saturday night?? When you have hardly had any time for her and won't for the coming week? Do we need to talk?
ReplyDeleteUCLA vs USC. You are forgiven Mike. No male human could resist such a temptation.
ReplyDelete