Over Thanksgiving my sis brought home the first four books in the Harry Pot-ter (you have to say it with a British accent to get the full effect) series. I had never read them - I was a little too old when they started coming out - but had always heard that they were good. So I figured I would give them a try. I read the first at home, and the next three over three days once back in California. My sis brought the last three in the series when she got home on Saturday, and I began reading on Sunday. I finished the last this evening. That is approximately 2280 pages in three days. What a great series. I just couldn't put it down! And I'm so glad it is over so I can get my life back.
In between chapters, I've also been able to finish my Christmas shopping, wrap all my presents, and spend some quality time with my parents and sister. I am, however, missing a big part of my soon-to-be family. Check out Mike's exploits across the world in some of his recent posts, if you haven't already. And please wish him a Happy Birthday, too! For me, this is the best time of year; for the next 13 days, I get to call him an Old Man.
No comments:
Post a Comment