Let's play a little game of "two of these things don't belong." I'll give you some clues as to what/who are the culprits.
Saturday night Mike and I were invited to an art show and fundraiser. Or so we thought. There was a small lapse in communication (you know the game Telephone you may have played in as a child when you pass the secret between people and it never comes out at the end as how it started? That's what we are talking about here). So, thinking we are going to an art show at a gallery, Mike and I got dolled up, because that is what you should do, right? Well, we get to the gallery, which is not a gallery at all, but the artist's studio, which we had to walk down a sketchy alley to find the door. That was clue #1. We were greeted at the door by girls in heels, tights, matching t-shirts, and trucker hats. Clue #2. One glance past the gals at the door revealed a small warehouse full of hundreds of huge canvases, paint splattered all over the ground... and people in designer jeans and the latest fashions. Clues #3, 4, and 5. We were absurdly overdressed, completely out of style (at least their style) and we didn't know a soul there.
The night got a lot better soon after. After a glass of wine, I didn't care as much that I looked like a Jackie O. compared to their Lady Gaga. The art was good, too. Our friends showed up soon after and we met one of the hosts of the event. One of the founders/designers of the Kush Collection explained to me that they were raising money for Operation Smile. Cool, I thought. We were then serenaded by a rapper (he was terrible, but what do I know about the qualities of a good rapper?) We went home after the raffle, where we didn't win Lakers tickets. Once home, Mike looked up the fashion line. Here comes clue #6: The Kush Collection is the self-proclaimed "leader in luxury streetwear" and their slogan is "High Quality for High Society." And we checked on their website: the t-shirts they were giving away as we walked out and the matching t-shirts that the girls were scampering around in are priced at $39 a pop. Clue #7.
If you guessed that Mike and I are the things that didn't belong, you are the big winner.
No comments:
Post a Comment