After three days in Prague and a hectic travel schedule we finally made it to Israel, flying into Tel Aviv around 3PM. First thing we did once we made it through passport control and customs was to drive out to Gush to go to an antiterrorist training camp. There we learned a little about urban combat tactics from some former Israeli special forces. More importantly, we for to shoot some guns. We shot about 5 rounds from three different guns: a micro-tovor on semiautomatic; an M16 on automatic; and a Glock 19 hand pistol. I have to day that in 10 years since I last shot a gun my aim has not improved.
After shooting some terrorists we headed to Jerusalem to out hotel for dinner. After dinner we spoke with an Israeli Arab journalist about the Israel-Palestine conflict. He was very critical of current Arab/Palestinian leadership and pessimistic about the immediate future. We only had an hour with him but I'm sure we could have spent half a day picking his brain about what's going on.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment