In order to convince Megan to move to Los Angeles, I had to give her the hard sell about California. One of the points I repeatedly hit upon, especially during our hot, humid DC summers and monumental DC snowstorms, was that its always 75 degrees and sunny in LA.
Well... that's not always true. There is some variation. Today, for example, is one of those few days that its a little bit hotter than 75. The high in downtown LA today hit 113. But that's kinda far away. We live a lot closer to Santa Monica, so let's look at that temp today. Oh, that was just 96. With no breeze. In late September.
For those of you who didn't know or don't remember, our apartment doesn't have air conditioning. It's one small thing we overlooked. I guess we saw the thermostat for the heater and just assumed that it also controlled an A/C unit.
No A/C and high heat does not make for a comfortable apartment. It's about 9:45 right now and it's still about 80-85 degrees inside. Outside has just started to cool down, but our three little windows and small fan are just no match. It's going to be a hot one tonight.
Oh, and since I hate throwing away food so much, I decided to finish off the soup that Meg made me last week. Mmmmm.... hot soup.
Wrong city. I think you are confusing LA with
ReplyDeleteeven-temp San Diego.