Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Today was my first day back in school in more than four years. Luckily, it was just orientation, so no real classes yet. Not much to report about really, mostly it was just administrative stuff and ice breakers (yes, I'm back in middle school and doing ice breakers again). Tomorrow, however, is a different story, as tomorrow we start Leadership Foundations, a 2-unit course about (you guessed it) leadership. It runs over five days during throughout orientation and is suppose to help us transition back into the life of a student, which, as Meg said tonight, means that I have homework and will no longer be any fun at night. Hopefully, I'll be on top of that homework and won't completely ignore my soon to be wife (still weird to say, especially because we still don't know when the wedding will be). I'll try not to bore you with the details of my life as a student in the future, and just provide updates when we do interesting things like trips, happy hours, and beach days. In the meantime, happy new year to all of you who celebrate it this time of year.

3 comments:

  1. If it is any help Mike, Business School was the first school I really enjoyed. Not to say I didn't like College, I did. Just not the classes so much. I could summarize it this way: In College I learned about Drucker, Ford, Smith, Jefferson, Carnegie, Bacon, Galbraith, Peter and some later after school: Welch, Buffett, Gates, Branson, and many others.

    But, in Business School I learned why they were important. Not just from knowing what they did, but understanding the reasons for it. It taught me a different way to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with trying not to have a boring life....I spent over 12 hours doing school work yesterday, and I still have sosososososo much more to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kevin. I'm looking forward to learning many things in depth and really understanding the reasoning behind them.

    ReplyDelete