Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dealing with Traffic

I spent most of Thursday at the DMV officially becoming a California resident again. As many people pointed out, you can make an appointment online with the DMV and reduce some of the wait time. Unfortunately, appointments need to be scheduled at least 2-3 weeks in advance in the LA area, meaning that the week and a half I had before school starts to take care of this annoying little task did not allow me to schedule an appointment in advance. So, after six hours of standing in lines, sitting in chairs and waiting in my car, I got my driver's license and CA plates.

I actually lucked out a little bit by having a great teller once I got to the counter. This women was extremely sarcastic, but knew how to get things done. Because of her, I was actually able to skip ahead in one line and not have to make a return trip for my license plates. Also, because I once had a CA driver's license, I got to take the renewal exam instead of the new driver test. Even though that only saved me from having to answer an additional 18 questions, it made things just a little easier after a long day.

Megan took some pics of me changing the plates. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment