Monday, July 5, 2010

The Other List

Megan posted about the list of things we need to do before we leave for LA. Well, there's another list that she didn't mention: the list of things we want to do in DC before we move away. This other list includes all of the sites we want to see one more time (or for the first time) like the monuments and memorials, or events in which we want to partake (like taste of Georgetown) or restaurants we want to try (like Ben's Chili Bowl).

We crossed off two things yesterday: visiting the Dulles Air and Space Museum and seeing the 4th of July fireworks on the National Mall. Believe it or not, it took me four years to get to the Dulles Air and Space Museum. (For those of you who don't know, the Dulles museum is a part of the Smithsonian but includes all of the large planes that are too big to fit downtown. It includes a Space Shuttle, an SR-71 blackbird and the Enola Gay.)

Unlike Meg's list, there is no written version of this one. We have notes saved on Meg's phone and we both have a mental list, but its no big deal if we forget anything on this one.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

5 comments:

  1. I thought you went with us to Dulles when we were up there Meg. Anyway, that is a neat place. I am glad you were able to go to the Mall for the fireworks. That is something that most people just will not be in D.C. to do when they visit. No matter how many times I go to D.C. I never tire of the monuments. Not sure why, but they make me feel more connected to our country. Grand idea by someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Mike, is the Dulles A&S Museum cool or what? Not sure what I liked best, all the old fighter planes together, the Shuttle or the historic aircraft. The Blackbird was impressive too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Meg did with you and Julie. But I had never been (and its kind of a joint list).

    I really like the Blackbird too. The shuttle was smaller than I thought, but cool too. I thought the Enola Gay was impressive - so much history right there in a single plane. Meg really liked the engines, especially piston ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given her car is powered by two mice and a gerbil, piston engines are probably quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! The mice moved out two years ago. I think it got too cold for them and they moved into someone's apartment. And be nice to the gerbil... he has been good to me for 10 years!

    ReplyDelete