A detailed account of our adventure being unemployed and moving West to the land of fruit and nuts.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Wedding blog
We don't want this blog to become the official "Oh my god, we're getting married" blog, but I felt compelled to provide a brief update anyways. When we arrived in Atlanta on Sunday evening, Julie (Meg's mom) had bought us four bridal magazines, a book titled "The Bride's Book of Lists" and a groom's and bride's instruction manuals. After flipping through these things for the last couple of days, there's more to this whole getting married thing than I anticipated. I can't quite tell how much is necessary and how much is a product of the American consumer culture. I think the groom's instruction manual was right - the honeymoon isn't so much a celebration as it is escape from the fanatic weeks (or months) leading up to the wedding date. Thankfully, it appears as though my biggest task is to shake my head and say "Yes dear, I love that selection."
Labels:
Relationship,
wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You should start practicing lol
ReplyDelete