How had I never seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest before?? First, I now finally understand the Nurse Ratched references. What a wonderfully flawed character. Second, I think this is the first time I've seen Christopher Lloyd in a movie where he doesn't have a shocking white mess of hair. Third, Jack Nicholson scares the crap out of me. During the week of Halloween this year, AMC was playing a bunch of scary movies, The Shining being one of them. I watched it at noon, in the broad daylight. I told my sis later that day that I hope I never run into Jack at the grocery store or something because I will probably pee my pants. Anyways, Jack was ridiculous in this movie. Was he crazy? Not anymore than me or you. But after gaining the trust of his comrades he absolutely held their lives in his hands. And that is scary. If you haven't seen it or haven't seen it in a while, stream it on Netflix. Jason, this means you.
Currently Mike and my's favorite TV show is Big Bang Theory. Jim Parsons, the star of the show, won a Golden Globe this evening. And Kaley, the starlett, was adorable. I was hoping they were going to win best comedy show, but it went to another guilty pleasure of mine, Glee. Anyways, last night we watched most of Season 3 on DVD. And made a drinking game out of it. Whenever the crazy atoms go by one the screen, drink. Whenever Sheldon laughs, drink. Whenever there is a "bazzinga", drink. Let's just say, I was hurting this morning. The show is hilarious. Smart, funny, awkward. (Hmmm, kinda sounds like Mike and me.)
On a related note, the Golden Globes is held at the iconic Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, CA. The hotel is literally 4 miles straight down the road from my apartment. Never thought I would say that!
No comments:
Post a Comment