We've had a lot going on over the past week. Allow me to catch you up. I got back to LA on the 30th. Took Mike to an urgent care center on the 31st to get him feeling better. A penicillin prescription later for his strep throat (the doc said "eww" when he looked in his throat!) and he is feeling better, but not yet 100%. Night of the 31st we got dressed up and went to a friend's house for a cocktail-attire party to ring in 2011. The 1st we spent in the O.C. with Mike's aunt, uncle and cousins watching football and eating our faces off. Yesterday, the 3rd, was my birthday and Mike's first day back in classes. I was able to get back into the groove of things of being home, do some errands and cleaning and whatnot. Mike got home early, we ran some more errands, and then he took me out to eat. We went to a cute little sushi joint whose main dish is called "Trust Me." Basically, you get a number of pieces of sushi that the chef makes up for you. It is all super fresh fish and it was delicious. Mike and I both really enjoyed it. After dinner was dessert: Coldstone ice cream. Yum. Not a hugely happening birthday, but a really good one, nonetheless. I feel strange straddling the mid-20s and the late-20s classifications. 27 is still mid... right?
Having a birthday right near New Year's is both a blessing and a curse. Growing up, I had few birthday parties, partly because everyone was still out of town for the winter break. Christmas and birthday presents often get mixed into one. And sometimes people just forget with all the hubbub of the holidays. On the other hand it is a nice way to begin the year. New calendar year, new year in the life, and perhaps as a result, resolutions seem to take on additional meaning for me. This year, I have a number of resolutions that I hope to achieve or improve on.
1. Get a Job Not just any job, but one that I really enjoy and find fulfilling. But in the meantime, I'll take a paycheck from most anywhere.
2. Don't stress out about the wedding There have already been some stressful moments. I hope to minimize them as much as I can and keep in sight that this is supposed to be a fun day celebrating me and Mike's new life together.
3. Lose a dress size In the past year I've lost one size. I'd like to lose one more. I feel better about myself already and have more confidence in the way I look. Plus, I'll look hot in my wedding dress with a few more pounds off my hips.
4. Be a better friend I'm not very good at keeping in touch with people. I'm going to try harder to communicate more often and in more meaningful ways with those whom I love and find dear.
Not a long list, but an ambitious and worthy one to work toward, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment