About a month ago, Mike and I purchased a 10 lb bag of red potatoes at Costco. In the past, we've bought some awesome things at Costco - a pound of goat cheese for $8, 2 pounds of pine nuts for $9 (they no longer sell them unfortunately) the fresh stuffed pasta, and potstickers. The 10 pounds of red potatoes, however, was immediately a mistake. We aren't even halfway through the bag yet, and we've had roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, grilled potatoes, you name it. Well, I was inspired tonight. Linda, Mike's mom, gave me a ceramic knife and mandolin on her visit this past weekend, and I put the mandolin to good use. I sliced up 6 potatoes and fried them. That's right, I made homemade potato chips!! Have you ever had a hot, salty potato chip? They are delicious. The only thing bad about making chips is that you have to do them in small batches, and it is really easy to eat them as fast as you cook them!
On a totally unrelated note, the job search is finally in full swing. After a few weeks (let's be honest, it's been a few months) of putting it off, I finally realized that I need a job. So several versions of the resume and cover letters are ready to go, and I've been submitting them to open positions at local hospitals. Wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK!! Hope the search goes well and you find a job you like. :)
ReplyDelete