Sunday, August 15, 2010

Life out in the Country

We stayed Friday and Saturday night with my uncle, aunt and three little cousins in Vevay, IN. My mom and sis happened to be there on Friday getting in a quick visit before Elaine starts back into school. We had a great time relaxing with the family. The kids showed off on their four wheelers/go carts/motorcycles for us with donuts in the yard. Mike even took me for a ride on the four wheeler. We fed chickens, goats, kitties, guineas (ask Mike what those are, he knows now) and peacocks. Mike even helped with some chores around the house - only out in the country do chores involve a fork lift and electrical wires.

I also got to see my grandma, uncle, and baby cousin. I'm so thankful that we were able to spend some time with my extended family. I don't get to see them too often, so it was a real treat to hang out with them for a few days and hear some of their stories about my grandfather, of growing up on the farm, and living out past the boonies.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a machine. Those 4-wheelers are addictive, better watch out. Your Grandfather was special Megan and it is a shame you didn't get to know him better. When I passed I even mentioned it to your mother that I felt bad for both you and Elaine. I don't think I had ever met someone that loved kids and that kids loved easier than your Grandfather. You come from good stock... well at least on one side of your family. ; )

    ReplyDelete