Yesterday was the first time I had been in the state of New Mexico. And I love it. It is like no other state I've ever been to. Closer to the Texas line, it is flat... and I mean flat. You can see for miles and miles. Then there are small plateaus that jut up out of the land with very steep sides and completely flat tops. There is a little bit of grass all over, and small bushes and trees occasionally - very different from the forests in the East and farmland in the Midwest.
As we got closer to Albuquerque, it became more mountainous. And again, they look very different from the Smoky Mountains I'm used to; they are craggy, grassy, and steep.
And finally, I think my favorite part of New Mexico so far is the Owl Cafe, a dive that we ate dinner at last night near our hotel that puts green chili on almost everything they make. And I love me some green chili. I had a roast beef sandwich in a tortilla with green chili inside. Yum. Maybe I like New Mexico because it is different than anywhere I've been before (which is part of the point of this whole trip) but regardless of why I've enjoyed it so far, I think it is on my list of places I want to live some day.
No comments:
Post a Comment