It has been a crummy week. I spent last weekend being sick with a cold, and by the end of the week, Mike was suffering from the same thing. It is funny how we can have the same virus but it affects us so differently. I had sinus pressure and a wickedly sore throat. Mike had a headache, sinus pressure, coughing, and a nose that ran from here to China. Here is the evidence:
That is a small trash can full of only Mike's tissues. One word: GROSS. We spent most of the weekend on the couch, Mike whining and me trying to nurse him back to health. I didn't fix any chicken and matza balls or dumplings, but I think he did eat two cans of soup in one day.
I think we are both better now. Thank goodness, since he has finals coming up in the next week, and I'm leaving Wednesday to go to Atlanta for a couple weeks.
About Thursday we were both doing OK, and we had a fun evening on campus at CRAVE, where we tasted wines from Pasa Robles region in California. I can't wait to go there. There were some very good wines, and most for a reasonable cost. They also served pasta and cheese. Have I mentioned how much I love cheese? I think I had 3 plates of just cheese and crackers. It was great because I could sip several different wines and eat the same cheese and the cheese would taste slightly different every time. And the wine would taste different depending on what cheese I just ate. It's edible magic!

No comments:
Post a Comment