Saturday, February 26, 2011

BBQ, Korean style

Let me start this post by saying "I wish I had taken pictures of this!"

Last night Mike had a reunion with his friends he met on the trip to Israel. Significant others were invited along to meet for Korean BBQ at a local haunt. I've never had Korean BBQ until last night, but suffice it to say that I will be back for more. Soon. You order the meats you want to try and they bring them out to you uncooked. You slap the raw meat down in the middle of your table that has a built-in grill and you cook your food to your liking. We had so much food last night. We ate for two and a half hours. If we hadn't closed the place down, I'm sure Mike would've stayed for more. We tried so many amazing foods. There was pork, beef, chicken and seafood, in all types of varieties. Like pork belly. And sirloin. And octopus. And brisket. I can't wait to go back. I want to try pork neck and large intestines and tongue and calf intestines, too. I really enjoy playing with my food (fondue, build your own fajitas, create your own ice cream sundae), so this was such a fun way to eat.

The company wasn't too bad, either. Mike enjoyed the chance to catch up and reconnect with some of the folks from his trip. I had a chance to meet them and put some faces with the names I had heard so often upon Mike's return. Unfortunately, the place we went was jam-packed, and we had 10 people sitting at a table for 7, and I was on the far end and couldn't hear a whole lot. But it was a great time nonetheless.

Also, for anyone interested, I've started an additional blog. It is all about food! Shocker, I know. Check it out! http://yourreallifefood.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment