My mom and I have gone to see two movies since I've been home: Black Swan and Rango. I don't think there is anything I can say about Black Swan that hasn't already been said by other critics. But I loved watching all the dancing and I thought that Natalie Portman really did a stellar job bringing out the crazy. And can I just say that my every time my skin itched for two days after I thought I was growing feathers (which, let's be honest, would be pretty awesome.)
Rango was cute. My mom and I went on a Thursday night and there wasn't a child in the theater. In fact, there were only two other guys in there, which now that I think about it was kind of odd. But anyways, Johnny Depp in lizard form was adorable. Speaking of crazy, he was a little of that, too. You could certainly hear Jack Sparrow and the Mad Hatter in some of his scenes. The movie took on an interesting and somewhat political topic, especially for an animated feature. It was all about water and the power one can obtain when controlling it. Spoiler alert: it ended happily. Of course it did. It is a cartoon.
Mike saw Battle: LA. From what I understand, it was awesome in the same terrible way of The Day After Tomorrow and 2012. I'm a little jealous, I must admit. Apparently Santa Monica gets wiped out. I'd like to see that (in a movie, only, mind you.)
No comments:
Post a Comment