Mike and I headed to Long Beach last night to our wedding venue for a tasting. We were joined by another 80 or so folks to meet vendors, taste apps and dinner, and judge cake combos. It was a lot of fun and really got us both excited about the wedding. I was a fan of the tri-tip sliders, fried mac-n-cheese lollipops, and wasabi mashed potatoes in mini martini glasses. Dinner was yummy, too, but I think it is going to need a little work. One potential downfall of cooking a lot is that I'm starting to notice when foods are bland and boring, and some of the food last night was a little bland. Dessert was fun, though. I must've tried half a dozen pieces of cake, dessert shots, lollicakes, you name it.
The limo (!) took us back to the parking lot and we headed home with appointments with vendors on our calendars, a sample centerpiece from a florist, and heartburn from eating so much food. Friday we are going to Macy's for a registry "sip and scan." It is a serious wedding week.
They all sound amazing. I simply can't wait Megan. You two are planning the perfect evening to make a memory of forever.
ReplyDelete