Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh Geez, I'm Getting Married...

As we sit on the couch at 12:45 at night watching Saturday Night Live, Meg decided it was time to practice her new signature. Currently, her signature looks like "Megan M Castle" with the M standing for her middle name Marie (also her great-grandmother's name). Not wanting to lose that part of her family history, Meg is thinking about changing her name to Megan Marie Kaufman once we get married.

When she starts to talk like that, it kinda hits me: WOW I'm getting married! Umm... who's idea was this? Oh right, mine. Damn! No one to blame but myself.

In all honesty, I actually am excited to be getting married. And, hopefully, in the next couple of days we should have some exciting news about when and where we are planning to actually get married. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Some of us have the realization later rather than sooner Mike. I remember one afternoon right after Julie and I were married. I put on my shorts and grab the basketball to head up to the grade school to play. As I was ready to leave Julie said, "oh..., you might take me up to the school and show me how to play tennis." Two important things happened. 1) I realized that I didn't control every thing I did any more. and 2) It was the beginning of Julie's journey to becoming an A level tennis player. You decide which one of us got the best end of that deal. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me worried there for a minute Mike. Nice recovery!

    ReplyDelete