It's a weird feeling looking forward to Fridays again.
This week has been interesting. Though I'm at work, I haven't actually started doing my job yet. Once I get through orientation and training, I will be Supervisor over the operations department. In order to supervise effectively, I actually need to know what my folks are doing and how they are doing it. So this past week (and next week, too) those that I will be managing have been teaching me the processes, rules, and ins and outs of the system. In could have been an awkward situation - the Coordinators are having to teach their boss's boss how do their own job. They have to tell me when I screw up and how to fix it. In fact, someone has to sign off on all my cases before they are submitted!
But in reality, it hasn't been awkward at all. It has given me a chance to really get to know some of the employees and in every interaction, they have been professional, positive, and helpful. I'll be looking forward, however, to when I get to start my real responsibilities and leave the processing to those that do it best.
In other, but related news, I decided that I didn't have any good clothes to wear to work. Even though we have a very casual dress code, I still think it is important that I feel professional. So... I decided to go shopping yesterday after work. I can walk to at least one mall, maybe two, from my office. That is bad news.
No comments:
Post a Comment