Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Good News

So Yesterday was all about Megan, and rightfully so. She's worked hard over the last few months looking for jobs, talking to people and then preparing for her multiple interviews. But today was my day. About 2pm this afternoon I received an email from the Financial Aid office at Anderson telling me that I have been selected to receive the Anderson Alumni Fellowship for the 2011-2012 academic year. While the award isn't big enough to cover full tuition next year, it is a nice chunk of change and will help reduce the amount I need to borrow. According to the application I filled out in April, the Anderson Alumni Fellowship is given to "students who have been active during their first year at UCLA Anderson." I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I guess I was active in student clubs and socially, so that counts. Anyways, its been a good week for us, and hopefully is the start to a great summer.

3 comments:

  1. "Active in student clubs and socially" - Did that come from Michael Kaufman, son of Linda and Marc? I'd be more likely to believe it had something to do with grades before I believe it was related to social activities. Or perhaps you moved to So CA and turned into a social butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It pays to be MR. SMOOTH! Great work! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, mike! you are so cool. wanna be my best good friend?

    ReplyDelete