Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Royal Wedding

All day Thursday I was watching TLC because they had non-stop shows about the upcoming Royal Wedding. I'm not a celebrity follower, nor am I a royalist or even a monarchy sympathizer. But I do like pretty wedding dresses, hats, and princesses. (I mean, come on, all girls like princesses, and if they say otherwise, they are lying.) So my fascination with fascinators prevailed and there I was at 1am flipping through the numerous channels that were covering the grand event. Before Mike went to bed, I had him retrieve my own hat collection from the top shelf of our hall closet. I honor of the occasion I donned my biggest, most ridiculous hat. It is slightly off-white, with a black netting bow, black feathers and a diameter about three feet across. No kidding. I originally purchased the hat back in college when I went to horse race with some friends. I plan on wearing it again this weekend for the Derby. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it for you.

I did doze a couple times during the night/morning. I missed the live first kiss on the balcony but caught most everything else. She was such a beautiful bride. Radiant, glowing, every hair in place. Mike and I are getting married in a little over seven months, and I wont become a queen, princess, or even a duchess. BUT, I bet I will feel like all the above. And watching the Royal Wedding certainly got me excited about my own.

1 comment:

  1. I know as time passes, the excitement will only build. Enjoy every minute of it. It is a once in a time life time experience.

    ReplyDelete