Tonight we were in Santa Monica getting some dinner before seeing the Godfather at my fave new theater. We were at Blue Plate sitting outside and there was a tall, good-looking guy inside that I knew from somewhere. It took two hours searching the internet and wracking my brain to figure out the movie I knew him from. Finally, I could picture him riding a horse with a British accent. And thanks to Mike and my mom, we figured out he was the mean guy from a Knight's Tale. B-list actor? Yes. In more movies than you or me combined? Yes, so still counts as a celebrity.
Rufus Sewell (sorry it is a crappy pic, I was outside trying to stalk him indoors. He is the tall dark and handsome one just left of the middle of the picture, if you can't tell.)
Now that we have the famous people out of the way, let me give you a little weekend update. My parents are in town to visit so we are doing some fun touristy things. Friday we went to Catalina Island for the day. Very small town but beautiful views and serene water. I think Mike will talk more about this later. Saturday was wedding day. I showed my parents the Ebell Club where Mike and I are tying the knot exactly 8 months from today. (!!!!!) We checked out a hotel and had lunch at a potential rehearsal dinner site. And like I said, we saw a celebrity and the Godfather screening. Mike has been bugging me since I met him to see the Godfather, and I had in bits and pieces over the years, but never in one consecutive sitting. It is three hours long for crying out loud, and there is no love story or comedy and there are no particularly good-looking actors, either. It is hard to sit through on your couch. But seeing it on the big screen and being forced to sit still through the whole thing is totally worth it. Well done, Francis Ford Coppola - you make lame wine, but a damn fine movie.

Hope you had a great time this weekend with Mom & Dad. Just wanted to share a possible weekend getaway with you. Remnants of the Past in Nipomo - didn't know if this was close to you or not, found it in a magazine. Takes place April 30 from 9-4 $7 admission at the Dana-Powers House.
ReplyDelete