So it dons on me that I never explained what Challenge for Charity (C4C) is, even though Meg and I posted a few updates from the event. C4C is a competition among 9 west coast business schools to help the Special Olympics and a few other select charities. The schools are judged on three criterion: money raised; hours volunteered; and athletic prowess. After raising money and volunteering all year, the whole competition culminates in one weekend hosted every year by Stanford where all of us former athletes (and quite a few people who think they are athletes) compete in a variety of sports, including flag football, basketball, table tennis, swimming.
Megan played doubles tennis and I played on the softball team. We both ended up finishing in 4th place, not bad, but I think we were both disappointing. UCLA, however, was victorious in the sports competition. We also volunteered the most hours, but were beat by USC in money raised (not surprising the rich kids from the private school beat us in money). All in all, USC ended up winning the competition and the Golden Briefcase.
The weekend was a lot of fun. We got to relive our glory days as athletes and hang out with friends. I also had a chance to meet a few MBA students from other schools, including someone from USC with whom I will be working this summer. At the end of the trip, we picked up Meg's former roommate Anna in Palo Alto and brought her back to LA. She was here for a week's long visit. Meg will have more on that soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment