Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The List

While looking at apartment postings on Monday, I had a sudden feeling of panic. There is so much to do before we leave! Mike and I have sporadic conversations - well, it is more like one long continuous conversation that is punctuated by anecdotes from other areas of our lives - about what all needs to be done over the next two months. There are the obvious things: schedule a mover, pack up our stuff, drive across the country. Then, there are the not so obvious things: change our address on all our bills and mail, open a new bank account that has branches in LA, make sure insurance covers me as a driver in Mike's car, order the packing boxes, clean out the desk so it can be sold... It is almost overwhelming. So in the midst of my mild panic attack, I made a list of everything I could think of that needs to be done. It is still overwhelming, but at least I get the satisfaction of crossing things off as they are completed.
You can see our list and our progress. And if we've missed anything big, let us know!

4 comments:

  1. Megan, the word 'tent' appears twice on your list of "things to bring in the car'. Tent? Michael? Hm, make sure to get a picture of Mike in the tent. Mike, when was the last time you were in a tent? Elementary school or was it Israel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the tent. So I have this grand idea that we could save a few bucks and camp out west. My dad has a pop-up tent that he is going to lend us, along with a flashlight and a blow up matress (also for use when we stay with folks). Given that this is also my first time camping, except for a brief stint as a child in my uncle's backyard that didn't last the whole night, I'm not entirely sure it is going to happen. We may very well end up at Hotel 6. At the very least, it will make for a very funny blog post. And yes, I will absolutely get a picture of Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flashlight will also be useful as you look at a map to figure out what town is nearby to the expected camping site that might have a hotel. : ) Hey you might find out you like it outdoors. Camping is fun in small increments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep saying to yourself, "John Muir wouldn't be complaining right now." Hey, I offered for you to go the whole route with the Coleman stove and the lanterns and they are propane not the kind you fill with Coleman liquid fuel. You just can't truly appreciate a kitchen until you have cooked a couple of meals on a Coleman stove.

    ReplyDelete