A detailed account of our adventure being unemployed and moving West to the land of fruit and nuts.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Last trip
I have 15 days of work left! Tomorrow I head out to Jackson, MS for my last work-related client visit. I've had the good fortune in my first job to be able to do quite a bit of travelling. Australia twice, Denmark, London. Zurich, Domincan Republic, San Jaun. Seattle, Boston, Chicago, San Fran, Detroit. And then there are places like Fayetteville, AK, Akron, OH, Lexington, KY, and Jackson, MS. But really, work-related travel just doesn't do it for me. There is always the stress of traveling - am I going to make my meeting? Am I going to ever make it home after hours of delays? Am I even going to the right city? (funny story here-yes, I did actually go to the wrong city once. Not a good day.) And of course, you never travel for a good reason - there is always a problem that you are going to fix. So I'm really looking forward to going on a trip that doesn't require eating airport food, waiting in lines, or wearing suits. As I contemplate our upcoming journey, I think I am most excited about the freedom it represents. No schedule except the one we make, no meetings except the folks we see on the way, and no one is going to make me put my seat or tray table in the upright and locked position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, turned out that my trip to Jackson never happened. My flight out of DCA was late, I was going to miss my connector in CLT, and the next flight to Jackson would've gotten me there the next day AFTER my meetings was already over. Too bad. I think that solidifies US Air onto my black list forever.
ReplyDelete